These are copies of old exams
- For each exam, each student should bring a #2 pencil and a
calculator for numerical calculation.
- Each student may bring one sheet of summary notes (letter-size,
double-sided, if necessary).
There is no need to copy physical constants; they will be provided
on the exam sheets.
- For Midterms and the Final, make-up exams will be given to those with valid, documented excuses.
- Dates for exams are given in the Calendar;
detailed information on material covered
and logistic arrangements for each exam
will be announced one or two weeks before the exam.
The Final Exam will be cummulative, but have somewhat more emphasis
on the last 1/3 of the course.
- Grading scales for the exams are NEVER curved.
- Each in-class quiz will consist
of one multiple-choice problem. The problem will be on the material
covered in the current lecture. Its purpose is to encourage prior preparation
for the class, and close attention to the lecture. Each quiz will be
scored as follows:
Correct answer: 2 points
Incorrect answer: 1 point (for the effort)
- Quiz results will be posted after the bubble sheets are tallied
by the University Scoring Office.
- No make-ups will be given for in-class
To allow for a few unavoidable absences (such as illness, varsity
activities and other exigencies) the lowest four scores will be dropped
at the end of the term in the final tally.