Home > Curriculum Vitae
Date of birth: 08/19/1969
Place of birth: Kapfenberg
Marital status: Married
- Development of a new simplified Lattice-Boltzmann scheme for MHD
- First MHD-simulation of solar convection including chromospheric layers
- Solar physics: Theory and numerical simulation of solar and stellar convective flows
- Plasma physics: Kinetic theory of plasma instabilities, magnetohydrodynamics
- Operating systems: DOS/Windows, Linux/UNIX
- Programming languages: FORTRAN 77/90/95, C/C++, PASCAL
- Software: MS Office, IDL, Mathematica, LATEX
Supercomputing: Vectorizing, parallelizing with OpenMP and MPI
- 2007 - present: Post doc position at Michigan State University, East Lansing.
Research field: Implementation of magnetohydrodynamic characteristic boundary conditions for the Stagger-code.
- 2005: Kiepenheuer-Institute for Solar Physics, Freiburg.
Research field: MHD-Upgrade of the radiative hydrodynamics code CO5BOLD.
- 2003 - 2005: Schrödinger scholarship at the Astrophysical Institute, Potsdam.
Research field: Numerical MHD, developement of MHD-Riemann solvers.
- 2001 - 2002: Institute for Geophysics, Astrophysics and Meteorology of the Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
Research field: Simulation of Rayleigh-Benard-convection with magnetic field with the Lattice-Boltzmann-method.
- 1999 - 2000: Postdoc-position at the Institute for Space Science of Austrian
Academy of Sciences.
Research field: Physic of the magnetosphere, especially plasma instabilities in the Earth's magnetosheath.
- 2009: Substitute lecturer and senior tutor for a course on
relativistic visualization, Lyman Briggs College at Michigan State
University (with G. Kortemeyer)
- 2008: Senior tutor for Introductory Physics, Lyman Briggs College at
Michigan State University (with G. Kortemeyer)
- 2006: Lecturer at the Karl-Franzens University Graz
- 2006: Tutor at the University of Technology Graz
- 1989 - 1999: Study of astronomy at the Karl-Franzens-University Graz, Austria
- 1999: Doctor degree with honor
Doctor thesis: Application of cellular automata on convection models in astrophysics
- 1996: Master degree with honor
Master thesis: On the influence of a supernova shock front on the stability of the solar system
- 1984 - 1989 High school for electrical engineering, Austria
Matura (High school diploma) with honor
- 1980 - 1984 Secondary school, Thörl, Austria
1975 - 1980 Primary school, Thörl, Austria
- Reading books
- Programming (C/C++, Assembler)