The Physics-Astronomy Building
This photograph was taken from a vantage point on Physics Road about 75m NNE of the building in the early springtime,
before most trees had a chance to block the view with foliage.
- Located on Physics Road in the northeast section of
the Michigan State University campus, near the Collingwood Entrance from
Grand River Avenue.
- Completed in 1949 (HEP wing added, circa 1974).
The main body of the building (the left part of the photo) is on an approximate
north-south axis along Physics Road. The newer HEP wing extends to the west
(to the right, in this photo) from the north end of the main building. The
building visible beyond the HEP wing on the right side of the photo is
Giltner Hall, which
contains several Physics offices and classrooms (though it is primarily a
Biological Sciences building, housing the Departments of Physiology and
Microbiology). In the foreground, just north of the building, is a small
visitors' parking lot (the main faculty/staff parking lot is to the southwest
of the building, behind the building from this vantage point).
The MSU Computer Lab's Digital Information
Group also maintains a
Physics-Astronomy Building web page.