- Physics Papers and Publication Summary as listed on the high-energy physics database INSPIRE.
- Profile on Google Scholar Citations .
- Member of the MSU High-Energy Theory research group.
- Interviewed about the 2012 CERN discovery of the Higgs boson by Science News, Aspen Public Radio, Grassroots TV, and the Aspen Daily News and presented a public dialog at the Aspen Center for Physics (see slides).
- Consultant to Federal Funding Agencies: EHS has served on the Advisory Committee of the
National Science Foundation's Directorate for Mathematical and Physical Sciences
(2004-07). She has been a member of the University Grants Program Subpanel (UGPS) for the High-Energy Physics Advisory Panel (HEPAP) to the National Science Foundation and Department of Energy (2006-07) and was previously (2003-05) a member of the Particle Physics Project Prioritization Panel (P5).
- American Physical Society: EHS was elected a Fellow of the APS in 2002 (see citation) and was named an APS Outstanding Referee in 2008. Within the Division of Particles and Fields , EHS was a member of the DPF Executive Committee from 2002-05 and a member of its Subcommittee on Educational Outreach from 2002-2007.
- Aspen Center for Physics: EHS has been serving as a General Member of the Scientific Advisory Board since 1994; she was a Trustee in 2000-06, Corporate Secretary in 2004-07 and Scientific Secretary in 2009-10. She chaired the Committee on Participant Diversity from 1996-2004.
- Kavli Institute for Cosmological Physics at the University of Chicago: EHS is a member of the External Advisory Board for the KICP's Physics Frontier Center, serving a term from 2011-16.
- During sabbaticals, Simmons has been a 2000-01 Bunting Fellow at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study and a Member of the Institute for Advanced Study at Princeton in 2009.
- Some of her most recent research-related activities are described here