- LB/PHY 415 : Methods of Theoretical Physics (2005--). Covers a variety of mathematical methods essential for technical proficiency in advanced undergraduate physics, engineering, or other quantitative science courses. The class focuses on developing both an understanding of useful techniques and skill in their application. Topics include Fourier series, eigenvector analysis, partial differential equations, boundary value problems, and complex analysis; connections are made with topics in electromagnetism, classical mechanics, themodynamics, and quantum mechanics. Active and cooperative learning techniques such as group-based in-class work, concept mapping, longitudinal base teams, weekly workshops, and peer critique of projects are used extensively.
Boston University (1993-2003)
- Physics 211 : General Physics I (1997-1999).
- Physics 212 : General Physics II (1995-1997) .
- Physics 403: Methods of Theoretical Physics (2003)
- Physics 408 : Intermediate Mechanics (1999-2000)
- Physics 482: Seminar in Particle Physics (2002)
- Physics 531 : Graduate Classical Mechanics (1993-1996) .
- Physics 895-S8 : Seminar on Topics in Particle Theory I.
- Physics 896-S8 : Seminar on Topics in Particle Theory II.
- Core Curriculum 105: The Evolution of the Physical Universe and of the Earth (2002)
- Links to web sites of interest to physics students and teachers
- Yumian Su - Boston University Ph.D, 1997
- Marko Popovic - Boston University Ph. D, 2001
- Kevin Lynch - Boston University Ph. D, 2002
- Baradhwaj Panayancheri Coleppa - MSU Ph. D, 2009
- Stefano DiChiara - MSU Ph. D, 2009
- Felix Braam - MSU M.S., 2007
- Michael Flossdorf - MSU M.S., 2007
- Arsham Farzinnia - MSU Ph. D student
- Pawin Ittisamai - MSU Ph. D student
Visiting Graduate Students (for up to one year)
- Tomohiro Abe, Masafumi Kurachi, and Shinya Matsuzaki (Nagoya University, Japan)
- Jing Ren (Tsinghua University, China)
Undergraduate Research Students
- Gautam Rupak -- Boston University B.A., 1995
- Jerome Jenquin -- Boston University B.A., 1997.
- Vagish Hemmige -- Harvard University B.A., 2002.
- Mark Stelzner -- Boston University B.A., 2003.
MSU Honors College Professorial Assistants
- Erin Nolan, 2003-04.
- Garrett Warnell, 2005-06.
- Edita Klymte, 2006-07.
- Tyler Augst, 2007-08.
- Jamie Overbeek, 2008-09.
- Alex Goodin, 2010-11.
- Drew Murray, 2011-12.